GMC CODE OF CONDUCT
- GMC instructors will conduct themselves in a professional and conscientious manner. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that we live up to any commitments we make to our students or to the public, and ensuring that our practices and behavior conform to the representations we make about ourselves in representing Gowanus Music Club as a facility which adheres to certain precepts.
- Acknowledge the limitations of our skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the practice of music.
- Encourage diversity by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
- Respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students.
- Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment or harassment based on other legal protected characteristics.
- Adhere to the traditional music teaching principles of ear training, theory, and rhythm - head, heart and hands.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to music instruction and best business practices.